For many gym rats and athletes, Dianabol sums up everything that anabolic steroids stand for.
Fast gains and tons of it. Amazing feeling throughout. Crazy strength gains.
Pop a few pills and undergo the most dramatic transformation that one can hope to.
Sounds like THE shortcut that was missing in their lives.
It’s very rarely though that you get the complete picture. Dianabol or Dbol is one of the strongest anabolic steroids in the world.
And if you even remotely try to cut corners while using it or you are using it without fully understanding what it can do, then you are in for a rude shock.
Don’t mean to demotivate you.
But here’s a brief guide for first timers looking to try Dbol.
The top three benefits of using Dbol
Just to give you some backstory, Dianabol was created by an American Physician who was called ‘Montana Jack’, in a partnership with Ciba.
And he secretly started to administer the drug to American weightlifters. The results were pretty dramatic. The competition was just crushed under the plate-stacked bars of the Americans.
Here’s what you can expect from Dbol.
You will gain and you will gain fast. In a 12-week cycle on a calorie surplus, an average athlete can gain up to 20 lbs., maybe more on Dianabol. While a lot of it will be water and glycogen, the increased nitrogen retention will produce new muscle fiber. After the cycle, you will lose all the water that the body was holding on to, which might make you look like a frailer version of your on-cycle self. But the fact is, that you will gain some amount of muscle and you will still be bigger than your pre-cycle body.
You will be just amazed at how fast you can add plates to your bar without getting fatigued. The dramatic strength gains are one of the reason why many professional bodybuilders use Dianabol. The mass gains are just an added positive effect.
The feel good steroid:
For a lot of athletes, Dianabol is all about the positive feeling that they get. We often refrain from mentioning this because we can’t describe it accurately and it feels like we are just sharing second hand information. But if you aren’t prone to the nastier sides of Dbol, you are going to have one hell of a ride.
Side effects to be concerned about
Why do most experienced roid users ask beginners to be wary of Dbol?
What are the risks that come with doing a Dianabol only cycle?
Here you go.
- High BP: Dianabol will make you hold on to water like a sponge. And the more water you hold, higher the risk of your blood pressure fluctuating randomly. If you are getting crazy headaches while you are using Dbol, we would recommend that you check your blood pressure. Lower the dosage to reduce some of the sides.
- Gynecomastia: Dianabol aromatizes to estrogen and can cause some serious estrogenic side effects. At the forefront is Gynecomastia. An AI during the cycle should be able to keep the estrogenic sides at bay. But it will trash your lipids even more. And hence is generally avoided. If you aren’t using an AI, then keep a SERM handy and use it at the slightest hint of gyno.
- Shut Down: Dianabol can shut you down even at extremely low doses. One of the young guns at the gym started that way, with just 15mg/day of Dbol. After four weeks, he wouldn’t even find enough motivation to get out of the bed let alone come to the gym and lift.
Oral Dianabol vs. Injectable Dianabol
An increasing number of athletes are opting for an intramuscular injectable version of Dianabol as opposed to the oral version.
The argument, partly fueled by the insanely big ‘Dave Palumbo’, seems to be that the injectable version has a better half-life, acts faster and reduces the liver toxicity to an extent.
Well, again, there’s no scientific proof to claim that this happens. There are anecdotal reviews that claim elevated liver values even with the injectable version.
And a Dianabol-oil based injection can be as painful as using a drill bit on your body. Think about PIP and doing that repeatedly, multiple times a week.
To sum things up, we think that the oral one might be the better option, if are willing to do Dbol anyway.
PCT with Dianabol
A Dianabol cycle requires a full-fledged PCT to get your Test and LH levels back to baseline.
That will be good old Clomid and Nolva.
But we still recommend that you do bloodwork before you hop on to PCT. A lot of people do weak and short Dbol cycles with minimum suppression and are able to get around it without a PCT.
Point being, do a PCT only if you need it, which will most likely be the case. But just be sure about it with bloodwork.
For on cycle support, use Organ ST.
Running Dbol Solo: Pros and Cons
We won’t try to act like the self-proclaimed guru who trashes anyone who talks about a Dianabol-only cycle.
If that’s what you’ve chosen to do, so be it. Lot of people do it anyway.
The best you can do is be aware of the pros and cons.
- Easier than pinning
- Fast, dramatic gains
- Less amount of anabolics to deal with
- Side effects will be reasonably easier to control if you are prepared
- Shutdown will hit you hard
- There is a possibility that you will lose everything that you’ve gained during cycle
- Can be severe on your liver
All said and done, if we were you, we’d use Dianabol with Testosterone at least. Using it solo might work. But there’s a possibility that it might backfire very badly.
Why take that risk when you have a safer and proven way to get better results?
Dianabol vs. Anadrol for bulking
Whatever works for you.
Some people love Dianabol but hate and avoid Anadrol like the plague.
Use both along with Test in different cycles and log them.
Stick to the one that causes the least side effects while providing good results.